- People like numbers and really love lists, especially bulleted lists.
- Numbers promise bite-sized, easier-to-digest chunks of information.
- Lists are short and sweet, and cluster similar ideas for greater impact.
- Headlines that list a number make a concrete and credible promise.
- Lists are specific and quantifiable, which convey greater authority.
- Bullets are easier to scan but easier to grab the reader's attention.
- Lists are finite so they seem pithier and more efficient to read.
- People remember numbers more since they help to “hook” in the mind.
- Obscure numbers like 13 or 27 can catch readers' attention better.
- They often increase SEO because numbers come before the alphabet.
Chief Experience Officer at Supportibles, Inc.
A copywriter and consultant for close to 30 years, Michel was instrumental in selling millions worth of products and services. His most notable success is a salesletter that sold over a million dollars online on launch day. Today, Michel is a best-selling author, in-demand public speaker, and highly sought-after marketing consultant. Get his free report, "The 10 Commandments of Power Positioning," at Supportibles.com.